Welcome to Lakes McClure & McSwain.
Whether you like to fish, boat, swim, camp or just want to enjoy a day at the lake, Lake McClure and McSwain offer some of California's best water-oriented recreation areas. Lake McClure and McSwain are nestled in the scenic Sierra Nevada foothills of Central California where bright sunny skies and pine and oak trees flourish -- Located just below the magnificent Yosemite National Park in Merced and Mariposa County. These well maintained, multi-feature recreation areas are owned and operated by
Merced Irrigation District.
Reservations & Campground Information
Online Reservations (Available 24/7)
By Phone, 1-855-800-CAMP (2267)
Phone Reservation Hours:
Monday-Thursday from 8am-2pm (hours subject to change)
Messages may be left/calls will be returned.
- Reservations may be made up to 1 year in advance of arrival date and all major credit cards are accepted
- Check-in time is after 4PM and Check-out time is before 2PM (If you arrive earlier than 4PM, early check-in is not a guarantee. Early Check-in will be allowed only if the reserved campsite is ready for occupancy.)
- McSwain, McClure Point, & Barrett Cove Recreation Areas may be reserved for Camp & RV sites at least 24 hours in advance of arrival
- Bagby & Horseshoe Bend Recreation Areas must be reserved at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance of arrival
- Campsites are designated upon availability. If less than 24 hours notice, Campsites are available on first arrival basis.
- To extend a camping stay please contact the Reservations Call Center to ensure that the site has not been previously reserved
- Drive-in RVs and Campers without Reservations are welcome, however reservations are encouraged and RESERVED SITES (with RED Disk Marker) may NOT be occupied by parties without required reservation confirmation
- Maximum Occupancy in all Camp & RV sites is 2 vehicles and 8 persons
- Vehicles: Maximum of 2 vehicles per campsite. The first vehicle is included in the campsite fee; the second vehicle fee of $8 will be charged upon arrival. All other visitors should park in day-use parking lot areas
- Reservation changes & cancellations: A $10 fee will be charged for any changes or cancellations and may be processed by calling the Reservation Call Center, no less than 24 hours in advance from the reservation date
- Campfires are allowed in appropriate fire-rings and other containment depending on wind & weather conditions and may change anytime. Ask a Ranger for updated information on campfires. (Fire-boxes and wood are available at the Marina Stores)