Lake McSwain Camping & Recreation
Pack-up the family, come have some fun at Lake McSwain
The Lake McSwain Camping & Recreation area is one of Central California’s best kept secrets. Featuring a marina, general store, and food service. Lake McSwain features tons of great recreational areas and is located just six miles from the town of Snelling. Unlike other lakes, Lake McSwain is an after bay and its water levels are not affected by local water conditions, making it the perfect spot for fishing, swimming, or relaxing family picnics by the water.
Lake McSwain hosts a large variety of trout species, and offers an excellent opportunity to catch daily bag limits and large trophy fish. Trolling and shore fishing are popular successful methods for pursuing fish species. Lake McSwain is also home to the Splash-N-Dash, an inflatable, on-water obstacle course that provides hours of fun! So whether you enjoy fishing, swimming, hiking or just relaxing under a tree, there are many good times to be had by spending a day or more at Lake McSwain & Lake McClure.
Reservation & Campground Information
Lake McSwain is a 10MPH lake. No sport watercrafts allowed.
Check-in time is after 4PM and Check-out time is before 2PM (If you arrive earlier than 4PM, early check-in is not guaranteed. Early check-in will be allowed only if the reserved campsite is ready for occupancy.)
• 111 Camping & RV sites
• 65 Water-Electric hookup sites
• Free hot showers
• Marina Store & Cafe
• Fish cleaning station
• Restroom facilities
• Day use picnic area – Picnic tables, barbecue grills, event pavilions, horseshoe pits, beep barbecue pit (rental)
• Children’s playgrounds
• Swimming beach area
• Recreational watercraft rentals
• Kayak rentals
• Fuel & propane services
• Boat launch ramps & parking
• The McSwain Marina & Café
• The Marina at Lake McSwain offers watercraft rentals, fuel services, and a Café with a delicious breakfast and lunch menu, including burgers, salads, and drinks. The Marina also has kayaks available for daily, weekend, or weekly rental year-round.
The McSwain Marina & Cafe
The marina at Lake McSwain offers watercraft rentals, fuel services, and a Café with a delicious breakfast and lunch menu, including burgers, salads, and soda drinks. The Marina also has fishing and kayaks for rent, and available for daily, weekend or weekly rental year-round.